Statement of Faith
“In essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty, and in all things love.”
1. The Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the Divine and final authority for Christian faith and life.
2. In one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. That Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross, a sacrifice for our sins, according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
4. That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and, during this age, to convict men; regenerate the believing sinner; and indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
5. That man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is, therefore, lost; only by grace, through faith in Jesus Christ and by the regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
6. That the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His Resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only those who receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God.
7. In the personal and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this “Blessed Hope” has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
8. In the bodily resurrection of the dead: the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord; the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.